After installing Windows Technical Preview Build 9860 it was working great. Suddenly I am facing a strange issue-the words seem to be broken or, disappearing text characters (even as I type this characters don’t appear as I type them). How to fix?
You need to check whether KB 3008956 installed or not, if not then you have to download it via Windows Update.
For 32-bit: KB3008956 — for Win10TP build9860 x86
For 64-bit: KB3008956 — for Win10TP build9860 x64
Microsoft has released three desktop backgrounds made exclusively for memers of the Windows Insider Program
The zip files for each background with the following sizes: 1280×1024 (Normal), 2560×1920 (Normal), 2560×1600 (Wide), 1920×1080 (HD), and 3840×2160 (4K).
“Come in we’re open”- Download Now!
“Build & Create”- Download now!
“I Love PC” – Download now!
Check it here
Windows Technical Preview Build is a preview release, so not everything goes as planned .
Here are some reports regarding 3rd party antivirus tools which have been tried on Windows Technical Preview builds. The following AV software seem to work fine and compatible:
AVG 2015 internet security
Bitdefender antivirus free edition.
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 4
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control, version 10.3
ESET Endpoint Security
Vipre Business Edition v7.0.5711
360 Total Security
Windows 10 TP comes with Microsoft’s anti-malware package i.e. Windows Defender. You have to wait till the final build is released to see 3rd party antivirus software to be 100% compatible.
Microsoft has published a tool called RemoteIE.
What does it do?
The latest builds of IE available as a service in the cloud. It is deployed using the Azure RemoteApp Preview platform and it allows you to connect to a hosted version of the latest builds of IE running on Windows 10 Technical Preview for Enterprise. After signing up, you connect to IE in the cloud using the Azure RemoteApp client. The Azure RemoteApp Client is available for Mac OS X, iOS, Android and Windows OS devices. Installation of the client and setting up your account just takes a few minutes. No more “IE doesn’t run on my device” ;-)
Is it Free or am I to pay?
It’s free as in beer! But you do need to sign up to get access to the service.
Microsoft has released a Firmware update for Surface Pro3 on 28th October,2014. Here are the details of this update :
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v220.127.116.11) enhances the system stability, increases the reliability of the graphics display performance, and adds a status bar to the experience when applying future System Firmware Updates.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v18.104.22.168) increases the reliability of sleep state transitions with a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station connected.
- Surface Integration update (v2.0.1168.0) addresses setting the Hibernate value in Windows 10.
- Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 – 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3059.117) improves Wi-Fi throughput, especially after rebooting with Bluetooth devices that are paired, enhances power consumption situations, and addresses instances of system instability.
Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860 .You will get this update automatically via Windows Update on Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9841.
You may try the following also:
1.Open PC Settings of Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9841.
2.Scroll down to Update and recovery.
3.Click Preview builds.
4.Click Download now.
The download will range between 2GB and 2.74GB depending on CPU architecture and language.
Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860
Group Video Messaging
Introducing Skype Qik (say “quick”), a free* video messenger made for capturing moments and sharing laughs throughout your day. Set up a group and immediately start shooting and swapping videos. Send something to crack your friends up, or show off a new dance move—whatever you want. New messages are added to a chat that you can watch like a movie with a single tap. Qik even lets you erase your video right out of the chat.**
Don’t just send just text or photos. Go full-video with Qik.
What can you do with Qik?
• Create groups in a flash: grab a bunch of friends from your phone’s address book and start a private chat.
• Erase your message and it disappears from the conversation.**
• Keep it fresh—messages are automatically erased from Qik after two weeks.
• Start a conversation any time—no login, usernames, or passwords needed.
* Mobile data rates may apply.. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
** It may be possible for recipients to capture and save videos elsewhere before you delete them from Qik.
Not only is Qik brand new, it’s the very first app from Skype…since Skype. That’s as new as it gets.