The Technical Preview which Microsoft has released yesterday doesn’t have WMC.However you can still add WMC to it.Here are steps to do this:
1.Click “Add features to Windows Technical Preview” present in Windows Technical Preview version.
2. Put your Media Center product key (which you used earlier during adding WMC to Windows 8 Pro).
3.If it’s a valid key it will show ‘Your key works…’
4.Accept the license terms which will allow to add new features.
5.Adding features continues.
7.Now you will find WMC has been installed and working fine.
[Note:Adding WMC will change the name from Windows Technical Preview to Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.Evaluation copy. Build 9841.You may experience random bad behavior.]
Just saw the work around for apparently some corruption on the Akamai servers,which were not allowing Guides to be downloaded in WMC.
To resolve this issue:
“Open an elevated command prompt (search for cmd, right click, Run as Administrator) and run:
Add the following lines at the bottom of the file:
Save the file, then at the command prompt run:
Then, force an update in WMC.
Once Microsoft and Akamai figure it out, you’ll want to reopen the file using the same process, and remove those 2 lines and save the file. Otherwise, a future server update could break things for you again.”
source: Re: Guide Download Issues Thread – Sept 2014
I have just updated my Xbox music app for my Windows mobile phone.Earlier it was version 2.6.224 after updating it’s now 2.6.288.0.
Key updates for this release of version of the Xbox Music app include the following:
- Bug fixes
- General performance improvements
How to get this update:
Visit here to get this updated version.
Intel has released Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver.This driver provides significant gaming performance for 4th generation Intel® Core processors with Intel HD, Iris™ and Iris Pro graphics provides improvements while enhancing battery life through newer power conservation techniques such as CMAA* and Adaptive Rendering Control. Experience up to 30% improvement in performance in certain OpenCL workloads and up to 10% improvement certain games. The new and enhanced control panel offers additional media and display customization capabilities.
Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 64bit
Intel® Iris™ and HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8/8.1 32bit
The official Help+Tips app for Windows Phone 8.1 is now available.It will guide you on how to make a phone call or use Cortana? The tip section covers basics to pro tips. Unlock your phone’s hidden secrets with animated tips and videos. Get answers to frequently asked questions, or search our collection of how-to articles. Whether you’re new to Windows Phone or a seasoned expert, you’ll learn something new.
What’s new in this version:
• Additional fixes and performance improvements
• Greater stability on low-memory phones
• App is now officially out of Beta
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1
- Cortana – The most personal digital assistant on the market will now be available in the UK and China as a Beta. India, Canada and Australia will have access to Cortana as a public Alpha. For US residents, Cortana now includes an improved natural language, car kit integration via Bluetooth for contacts, snooze reminders and calendar improvements.
- Live folders – If you prefer to keep your apps or games organised, you can now put them into folders. Simply press, hold and drag an app over another to create a new folder on the Start screen. Each folder can be renamed by tapping on the text field above the open folder.
- Apps Corner – Create a customised Start screen, where only specific apps or games are accessible. This could be particularly useful in the workplace if you’re issuing Windows Phones to employees.
- SMS merge and forwarding – Select individual text messages to either delete them out of a messaging thread, or to copy and past them into a new message in order to forward them.
- Snooze Times – It’s now possible to customise the snooze time within the Alarm app.
- Consumer VPN – Maintain privacy and security when using data while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots or even with your home Wi-Fi.
- Mobile Web Site improvements in IE – Connect and browse even faster with improved downloading speeds on mobile websites.
- Store Live Tile (US only) – The Store Live Tile displays featured apps and games that are the most popular in the Store, or most relevant for you.
Unique Lumia experiences
The Lumia Denim Update provides features that are exclusive to Lumia. We always strive to bring new features to everyone, but some of which are hardware dependent and are only announced for the Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, Lumia 1520 and Lumia 830, such as the Lumia Camera.
- Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
- Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
- Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
- Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
- Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
- “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation – Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
- Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.
Lumia Denim Update will ship with Lumia 830, Lumia 730 Dual SIM and Lumia 735. For all other Lumia Windows Phone 8 smartphones, the update will start rolling out during Q4 2014, following partner testing and approvals.