I have a Home Theater network receiver. I am getting “Failed to retrieve media Information from media server” when I try to use play to feature within WMP12.
1. Close WMP12.
2. In the Start >Search box type in: Services.msc and press the Enter Key.
3. Locate ‘Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service’.It Shares Windows Media Player libraries to other networked players and media devices using Universal Plug and Play.
4. Right click on it and select Stop.
5. Locate the service ‘UPnP Device Host’.It allows UPnP devices to be hosted on this computer. If this service is stopped, any hosted UPnP devices will stop functioning and no additional hosted devices can be added. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
6.Right click on it and select Stop.After this again select Start to resume the service.
7. Start ‘Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service’ now.