I have seen so many threads in Microsoft Communities regarding problem facing on installing Motorola U-verse Set Top Box in Windows Media Center.Here are the step by step instructions:-
1. Stick the IR Transmitter in front of the STB IR Receiver.
2. Open windows Media Center
3. Right click on the screen and select settings.
4. Click on “TV”.
5. Click “Set Up TV Signal” and Click “Yes” if it comes up on the screen.
6. On the Set Up Your TV Signal Screen, “select Next”.
7. On the Confirm Your Region Screen, make sure it is set to your region. IF it is, click “Yes”, if not, change it. Click “Next”.
8. On the Automatic TV Signal Setup Screen, select “I will manually configure my TV signal” and click “Next”.
9. On the Select Your TV Signal Screen, select “Cable” and then Next.
10. On the Do You Have a Set-top Box Screen, click “Yes” then Next.
11. On the Prepare for Set-top Box Setup screen, click “Next”.
12. On the Select a Working TV Signal, Select the one you have setup (COAX would use Channel 1-4, others self explanatory).
13. On the Set-top Box Remote Screen, Select ““Yes” and then “Next”.
14. On the Identify Set-top Box Remote, click “Next”.
15. Follow the on screen instructions. When it goes to the Remote Not Recognize Screen, select “Have Media Center learn my remote from scratch” and then “Next”.
16. On the Prepare to Identify Remote Screen, hit next.
17. On Channel Change Buttons, select the method used, (on mine I selected “No, it does not”. May be different for different areas or future upgrades) and click on “Next”.
18. On the IR Learning Screen, Make sure the U-verse remote is set on “AT&T” and hold the remote away from the IR receiver for Media Center. Hold down the number, raise the remote to the receiver until it says “Release button to continue” then move it away from the IR receiver. Keep the button held down.
19. Do this a minimum of two times until it is ready for the next button and repeat step 17. If it takes more than 4 times (one entry try and one confirm try), then make sure the remote is not in the line of site on the receiver until the button is held down for a second and that when held up to the receiver, it is no more than three inches from it. Apparently it sends some type of junk before the actual code is sent (Universal remote thing?).
20. On the Set-top Box Codes Learned Successfully Screen, click on “Next”.
21. On the Select Number of Digits Screen, select “Four Digits” and then “Next.
22. On the How Do You Change Channels? Screen, Select the appropriate option (Mine was “No, I just enter the channel number”), and click “Next”.
23. On the Test Channel Changing Screen, use the Media Center Remote and try changing the channel. Wait about 10 seconds and the channel should change (Give it a little time for the IR signal to travel down the wire to the Set-top Receiver and the TV signal to clear the video capture card buffer to the screen). If successful, select “The set-top box changed the channel correctly”, then “Next”.
24. On the Set IR Signal Speed screen, hit the channel up or down buttons at least six times. With a delay, the channels should change. It does go in order (1,2,3,4,…), so if the channel does not exist, just hit up or down until it hits a channel that exists. Select “The channel changed correctly” if it changed and then “Next”. (Signal speed should be “Fast”.)
25. On IR Signal Speed Set Screen, Click “Next”.
26. You are done. Select “Return to TV Settings” and click “Finish”.
Remember presence of fluorescent light near to the STB may interfere and you will face problems in installing.Make sure IR Blasters are firmly attached to the STB.You can use sellotape.There must not be any obstruction between the IR Receiver and Remote Control.