In Microsoft Forum there are lots of issues with Wifi connectivity.Many users have to do the followings:-
- Resetting the Wi-Fi connection
- Selecting wireless network card from mixed to 11g only
- power off and on
- Reinstalling wireless card
If you experience a slow wifi connection then try the followings:-
1] Distance is a factor-make sure the distance between the router and the Surface is shorter.Remember shorter the distance means greater the signal strength.
2] Position of your access point or the router-if you keep it adjacent to any wall or metal object then it will restrict the signals as a result you will experience a slow internet.
3]Power off the router or modem for a few minutes-this will help to refresh.
4]Use Network troubleshooter:-
- Swipe in from the right-edge of the screen and tap or click Search.
- Type network troubleshooter in the search box, then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click Identify and repair network problems from the search results.
5]Router’s Firmware may be another factor-don’t forget to visit the website of the router to get the latest firmware
6]Make sure you have the latest updates for Surface, as this may fix connection issues.
The patch released by Microsoft seems to fix the problem.