Google has decided to end support for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS).But you can still enjoy Google calender.Microsoft has come up with a workaround that will allow Windows 8 users to see Google Calendar events in those apps.
Workaround by MSFT CarissaL
“If you’d like to see your Google Calendar events in the Calendar app, you have two options:
· You can permanently move them into Outlook.com. When you’re done, all your events will be available in the Windows Calendar app. From there, you can edit, delete, and update your events.
· You can subscribe to your Google calendar from Outlook.com. When you’re done, you can see all your events in the Windows 8 Calendar app, but you won’t be able to add, edit or delete events from the app. If you want to make updates, you’ll have to go to google.com and sign in.
Option 1: Move your Google Calendar events to Outlook.com
You can find detailed steps for moving your Google Calendar events to Outlook by clicking the link.
Option 2: Subscribe to your Google Calendar from Outlook.com
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Tap or click Calendar, tap or click the settings icon, and then tap or click Settings.
- Tap or click on the calendar you want to subscribe to and next to the Private address, tap or click ICAL.
- Copy the URL under Private address.
- Sign in to Outlook.com.
- Tap or click Subscribe.
- Paste the URL you’d copied earlier in Calendar URL, add a name for this calendar, and tap or click Subscribe to calendar.”