So after preview-builds 9841 and 9860 now 9879 is released. Once again this build has a ton of changes.
How To Get This Preview Build:
- Just like last time, this new build will come to you automatically via Windows Update, installed during your maintenance window if your PC is plugged in and on or sleeping.
- If you don’t want to wait for it to download and install on its own – you can go to PC Settings, Update and recovery, Preview builds and click the Check Now button to go get it now.
you can now hide the Search or Task View buttons on the taskbar. Just right-click on the taskbar and uncheck the check boxes for whichever button you want to hide.
more ironing in new minimize and restore animations for apps.
replaced the 3 dots in the Window chrome for modern apps with a “hamburger-style” icon (three lines).
new 3 finger gestures for you to try :
- 3 finger up -> Task View
- 3 finger down -> Show Desktop
- 3 finger flick to left or right -> switches to previous app (go back 1)
- 3 finger move left or right -> Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
- 3 finger tap -> Search
OneDrive will use selective sync. This means you choose what you want synced to your PC and it will be. What you see is really there and you don’t need to worry about downloading it. You can choose to have all of your OneDrive files synced to your PC, or just the ones you select.
Build 9860 brought native support for the MKV file format. In Build 9879, we’re making the experience “more complete”. You can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player.