Build 10049 is about a week newer than 10041, so besides Project Spartan what you’ll see in this build will be mostly small improvements and fixes, as well as a few new known issues.
Here are some issues we fixed in this build
- We’ve fixed the issue from Build 10041 for when the Photos app on your PC crashes when you tap on the circular icon (your camera roll – thanks Rafael) at the top left to view the photo you just took.
- We’ve also fixed the issue from Build 10041 where you might end up in a state where windows open on your desktop are accidentally visible behind the Start Screen, Task View, Snap Assist, and when rearranging windows in Tablet Mode.
- You will no longer get stuck when you manually lock your PC (Windows Key + L) during the initial out-of-box experience.
Here are some known issues for this build
- After logging in, you may see a blue screen instead of your desktop. To work around this issue, lock your PC (with the hardware button or by pressing the Windows Key + L) and try logging in again. You can also try Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Indexing of new email in Outlook is not working, so search results will be limited to when the last index was built.
- If you have Virtual Machines hosted in Hyper-V on your PC running Windows 10, you will want to move to the Slow ring and wait for the next build as this build breaks the ability to run VMs.
- There are 2 issues using Visual Studio 2015 preview on this build:
- The emulators will not boot and you won’t be able to deploy a Windows Universal app to the Mobile emulator.
- The XAML designer in VS and Blend will crash when opened.
- If you are a developer using these tools today to develop Windows Universal apps and need this functionality to work – we recommend switching to the Slow ring until we release a patch to fix these issues.
- Note – we won’t publish ISOs for this new build until we push it out to the Slow ring.