Microsoft has released Build 10158 for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring . This build is full of improvements to stability and quality as well as some additional UI polish. It also has some great new features included for Microsoft Edge as well.
Microsoft Edge: The first thing that you’ll notice in this build is that the Microsoft Edge branding is now included.
IMPORTANT: Microsoft Edge has a new app ID that will cause any favorites, cookies, history and Reading list items that you had saved in “Project Spartan” from previous builds to be lost after upgrading. If you want to keep these, make sure you back up your favorites before upgrading to Build 10158. To save your favorites, follow these steps before upgrading to the next build we release (do it now):
- Copy your favorites from %localappdata%/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy/AC/Spartan/User/Default/Favorites.
- Save them to %userprofile%/Favorites.
- After upgrading to the next build open Microsoft Edge, choose Settings, and you’ll see an option to import favorites from another browser. Choose Internet Explorer to import the favorites you saved in your %userprofile% directory into Microsoft Edge.
- UX improvements and refinement in this build
- Cortana updated- now has a dark theme color to match the rest of the OS. Alerts for going to work, going home and the airport are also work now too. You should also try sending an e-mail with Cortana.Cortana is now integrated with Office 365
- Photos app now supports animated GIFs.
- Snipping Tool:You can now set up to a 5-second delay to capture pop-up menus!