I have upgrade from Windows 7.1 to Windows 10, now I am getting a black screen without any cursor.
Firstly check if you are facing the same issue in Safe mode or not. It seems to be a graphic card driver related issue. To fix this:
- Log out and go to the sign in screen.
- Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
- Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
- Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
- Click Troubleshoot
- Click Advanced options
- Click Startup Settings
- Click Restart
- Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode
- Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.
- Log in
- Press Windows key + X to launch Start menu.
- Click Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapter
- Right click your Display adapter and click Uninstall
- Close Device Manager
- Reboot your System.
After the restart Windows will detect the Graphic Card Driver. Now try to update the same through the website of the manufacturer.
Make sure you have installed all the updates via Windows Update.