The newer versions of Google Chrome has a new UI. It has round curved tabs, round edges of address bar, color changes, etc.
If you don’t like this newer UI then you can easily restore the classic UI of Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In address bar type chrome://flags/ and hit the Enter key.
- In Search box type new tab page.
- Scroll down to Enable using the Google local NTP. Make it Enabled.
- Locate New Tab Page Material Design UI and make it Disabled.
- Relaunch Chrome. If you like to go back to earlier mode then just do the reverse.