Files Go is sharing files with people nearby without needing any internet.
Google has now released a major upgrade to this feature.
Here are key features:
Updated Share Tab :Nearby sharing is now available in its own dedicated tab called “Share.” This tab has a simplified and smoother interface.
Five Seconds connections: connect two phones is now just five seconds.
Faster transfers: Users have seen speeds up to 490 Mbps—that’s four times faster than before, or 100 original quality photos sent in less than five seconds.
More secure: Files Go encrypts all your transfers for additional security.
Microsoft Edge is already available for Android devices in Google Play Store.
Now Microsoft has added site blocking feature to it which is identical to the edge present for PCs. According to Microsoft it is “extending this feature to you and your family’s Android devices. If you have set up a Microsoft family group, any websites you have already tagged as allowed or blocked for your kid(s) will carry the same settings as they try to access websites in Microsoft Edge on their Android devices. The update will begin rolling out today.”
Microsoft Translator has added new capabilities that allow users and developers to get artificial intelligence-powered translations whether or not they have access to the Internet.
Microsoft Translator supports more than 60 languages for text translation.Translator Local Feature works on the most recent version of the Microsoft Translator Android App.
Search and transport yourself into fun, inspirational scenes. Just take a selfie, choose a scene from your camera roll or the web, and swipe through your results. Its easy with the power of search and the intelligent face tech.
- See yourself with a new hairstyle
- Try on different fashions
- Pop yourself into trending scenes
- Swap multiple faces on a group photo
- Put your friend’s face onto some funny pictures
- You can swap any face into any picture.
Choose a picture:
- Pick an image with faces from your camera roll
- Search for an image from internet right inside the app
- Choose a scene from one of our fun categories
Choose a face to swap:
- Take a great selfie with our special face swap camera with real time hints and instructions
- Pick an image from your camera roll
- Search for a face on the web
Using a sophisticated face swap engine:
- Match skin tone (or any tone try a stone statue!)
- Automatically find faces in images and place your swap
- Match lighting conditions
- Match head turns and tilts
- Process and place multiple faces in a single scene
Once you start searching and face swapping, you won’t want to stop.
Updated Cortana is now available for Androids.
Cortana V2.0.2 gives you greater stability:
• Fixed crashing issue for 7.1
• Improved “Hey Cortana” performance
Four colors -Black,Purple,Blue and Green are now available to customize various background and accent areas of the app.
Fast, easy and natural!
Microsoft Selfie is a selfie and photo-enhancement application available on Android, iOS and web. Backed by computer vision technology, Microsoft Selfie intelligently considers age, gender, skin tone, lighting and many other variables – all with one click. Users can transform average photos into enhanced, natural photos in seconds.
Have fun taking photos with Microsoft Selfie!
Download through the Google Play Store.
I have been trying to transfer pictures from my Microsoft Lumia or Android phone to iPad Pro tablet but facing Bluetooth connectivity failure. The steps I am following are as follows:
- I turned on Bluetooth on Windows/Android phone and iPad Pro via Settings.
- Both the devices became discoverable.
- Tapping on Windows/Android phone to get it paired with iPad Pro tablet.
- The Pass Key matches on both the devices.
- Pressing OK on iPad Pro or Windows/Android phone.
- It is showing connected or paired with iPad Pro on Windows/Android phone but showing not connected on iPad Pro.
- End result it failed to receive pictures from phones.
- Finally got a pop up message ” Make sure your Windows or Android phone is turned on and close enough…”
- And on Windows/Android phone I got ‘sharing is not supported on iPad Pro ‘
The main reason is Your device must be compatible with the iPad in order to connect. The iPad or iPad Pro can only connect to headsets speakers, keyboards, and remotes. It cannot connect directly to other iOS devices, computers, or smartphones via Bluetooth.
So to resolve the issue best option is to download and install SHAREit app both on iPad Pro and on Windows or Android phone. Share everything with other devices – pictures, videos, music files, documents, contacts…even apps! Devices with SHAREit can automatically find each other when in range.