Even when I use the standalone file, it goes to 50 and then stops and says the update failed but does not give a reason why, all other updates install fine, almost daily…how to fix?
Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:
1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.
2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .
3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
You may try a Clean Boot
Download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Nvidia has released GeForce 355.60 WHQL drivers for Windows 10. The file sizes for 32 and 64 bit platforms are 217 and 279mb respectively.
Download 32-bit | 64-bit drivers
Those who love both the worlds ,I mean those who love to see Windows run on Mac Hardware they will be simply delighted as Apple has added their support for Boot Camp who like to install Windows 10 on Boot Camp partition on Mac machine.
Mozilla has released Firefox 10
When using this search field, Windows 10 launches your default browser but only shows search results in Microsoft Bing. When you have Firefox set as your default browser on Windows 10, all your Web searches from the taskbar search field will show results in the default search engine you choose in Firefox.
See: Mozilla’s blog post on the Firefox release.
I am running windows 8.1 my OS is scheduled to reboot in one day and start the windows 10 upgrade, but I have decided I do not want to upgrade at this time, Is there a way to cancel it?
Open C:\Windows\System32 and look for GWX. Right click on it and select Delete.
Go to Windows Update->Installed update, remove KB3035583.
If you are running Windows 10 Home then you can easily upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Settings.
- Click Update & security.
- Click Activation.
- Click ‘Go to Store’
- You will find Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. You will also see how much you have to pay for this upgrade.
- If you have a Windows 10 Pro Product Key then click on ‘I have a Windows 10 Product Key.’
- On clicking you will get a UAC prompt,click ‘Yes’ to continue.
- Enter a product key