There are lots of cases where we find the drivers manufactured by the manufacturers are way better than the drivers released via windows update. The real problem is that windows does automatically update the drivers. Here is the tip to prevent this:
- Open Control Panel
- System & Security
- Advanced system settings
- Hardware tab
- Device installation settings
- Select No
- Save changes
Microsoft released Windows 10 for PCs build 16288.1 to the Slow ring. As we are approaching towards RTM of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update so a number of issues have been fixed in this Preview Build but no new features were added.
Microsoft has released cumulative updates for Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703.
You can either download it via windows update or,manually download it from Microsoft Update Catalog
To know about all the new features and known issues see September 12, 2017—KB4038788 (OS Build 15063.608)
I am using Lenovo ThinkPad x260. It is attached to an external monitor. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop the system shuts down and I can’t get any display on my external monitor. I am using Windows 10 Professional.
In Start Search type powercfg.cpl and press Enter. This will open the Power Options applet of the Control Panel.
Click ‘Choose what closing the lid does’ link from the left side panel
From the drop down option select Do nothing, if you want to keep your laptop running even with the lid closed.
Feedback notifications are integral part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds.Windows Insider feedback through the Windows Feedback app. Actually Feedback notifications are extremely important from end users end to the engineering team to build and shape the future preview builds.
You can configure Feedback notifications in Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds.
- In Start Search type gpedit.msc and press the Enter key.
- Now under Local Group Policy Editor expand:
- Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Windows Components
- Data collection and preview builds
- Do not show feedback notifications
This policy setting allows an organization to prevent its devices from showing feedback questions from Microsoft.
If you enable this policy setting, users will no longer see feedback notifications through the Windows Feedback app
If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, users may see notifications through the Windows Feedback app asking users for feedback.
Once again awarded as Microsoft MVP in Windows and Devices for IT by Microsoft. Many thanks Deepak Rajendran and Microsoft for giving such a prestigious opportunity to be a part of Microsoft MVP.
I am also a Windows Insider MVP but getting awarded in DX MVP is always very very special. I am feeling so excited.
Microsoft has released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16275 for PC for the first ring users.
This build has no new features since upgradation from Preview Build 16273.
Here are some fixes:
- an issue resulting in Asphalt 8 not accepting input in recent flights.
- an issue from recent flights where when Slideshow was enabled resuming from sleep a second time might place the Lock screen in a state where it couldn’t be dismissed without pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
- an issue that caused minimized per-monitor DPI aware windows to miss DPI changes and end up with a mix of DPI scaling upon restoring.
- an issue in XAML resulting in text animations appearing slightly blurry in the last flight until the animation had stopped (for example, when loading the main page of Settings).
- an issue resulting in progress wheels on certain websites in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly moving out of place during their rotation.
- an issue resulting in an unexpected change in mouse sensitivity in the last flight for PCs using non-default display scaling.
- an issue resulting in the taskbar being unexpectedly thick if you booted up the PC while plugged in to an external monitor with a different DPI.
Interestingly there is no known issue for this Preview build.