Microsoft has fixed the File deletion bug in Windows 10 Version 1809, or, the October Update. It has released October 9, 2018—KB4464330 (OS Build 17763.55) update to fix the issue.
You can get it via Windows Update or, manually via Microsoft Update Catalog website.
I tried to install iCloud on Windows 10 version 1809, but it gave me the following error:
So next I tried to install via compatibility mode.
It suggests iCloud is not compatible with Windows 10 version 1809.
You have downloaded a video or a movie from YouTube and unfortunately the volume of that is too low. Even increasing the volume of your PC or a Headphone doesn’t help much. Here is the tip for you.
- You need VLC Player.
- Open the movie or the video with VLC Player.
- Go to Tools
- Effects and Filters
- Audio Effects
- Click Equalizers and enable it.
- Now move the sliders up to increase the decibel (db).
- Finally click Save.
Enjoy the movie.
Still if you like to download and install Chrome then it will download for sure but will come up with the following:
So you are unable to install Chrome or change the default browser.
Still want Chrome? Then switch over to Windows 10 Pro. 🙂
Steps to Follow:
- In Start Search type Gpedit.msc and hit the Enter key.
- The Local Group Policy Editor will open.
- Move to Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows components > Store > Turn off the Store application > Right click on it to select Edit.
- Change the Policy to Enabled.
- Click OK or, Apply.
[Note: The above Group Policy is applicable for Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Education. This behavior is by design in Windows 10 version 1511. The above article is based on Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Build #18219 Skip Ahead]
If you like to change the default search engine of Microsoft Edge via Group Policy then you can’t. This policy is applicable for Windows 10 version 1703 and later.
Here are the steps to follow:
- In Start Search type gpedit.msc and hit the Enter key.
- Under Local Group Policy Editor:
Computer configuration > Administrative templates > Windows components > Microsoft Edge > Set default search engine.
- Here by default it remains as not configured. Change it to Enabled and use the following format to specify the link:
[if you like to change to Google as search engine]
- Click OK/Apply.
- Close Local Group Policy Editor.
- Reboot system.
- Launch Edge.
Bing remains as default search engine and doesn’t change to Google.
[Based on Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Build#18219]
If you like to change the default search engine Bing of Microsoft Edge to Google or, any other search engine then you can not in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build #18219.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click Settings or more (the three dots)
- Click Settings
- Click Advanced
- Change search provider
You will notice you if you click on Bing tab it won’t change. The Set as default and Remove buttons are greyed out.
[Based on Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Ver.#18219]