- Surface UEFI (v106.1427.768.0) improves system stability and performance.
- Surface Display (v188.8.131.52) updates the display panel driver.
- Surface NVM Express Controller (v184.108.40.206) improves storage performance.
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (v220.127.116.112) improves system stability on startup.
Surface Book Firmware and Drivers updates are also available for download
Dona Sarkar has updated the following on Windows 10 Preview build 15031 in windows blog:
You may see “Initializing…” when attempting to download this build and the download progress indicator shown when downloading this build may seem broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like you’re getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be patient. The build should download fine, and the installation should kick off…
May be I was fortunate and didn’t experience such issue unlike the earlier preview build 15025.
Microsoft has released the following updates on 18th January,2017 for Surface Pro 4. The updates will be downloaded and installed automatically. You can also do the same manually.
||Go to Start , and select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update.
||Select Check for updates. Install any available updates.
||Select Restart now if prompted
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
- Surface UEFI update (v103.873.768.0) improves system stability.
- Surface Management Engine update (v18.104.22.1683) provides touch optimizations.
- Precise Touch Device driver update (v22.214.171.124) provides touch optimizations.
- Management Engine Interface driver update (v126.96.36.1992) provides touch optimizations.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v188.8.131.52) provides touch optimizations.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v184.108.40.206) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.
November 18th Update
You can avail the following updates via Windows Update. KB 3040021 and 3038390 are for the general hotfixes.
How to get these updates:
1.Open Pc Settings
2.Go to Update and Recovery
3.Click Windows Update
4.Click Check now tab
Here is the list for the upcoming updates for Surface Pro 3:
Surface Pro UEFI update (v3.11.350.0)
- Resolves scenarios where the device will boot to a black screen if McAfee Defense Encryption 7.1.1 is installed.
- Optimizes the FWPOST time to 3.7 seconds with the fast boot enabled.
- Prevents situations where system clock loses time when battery falls below 3%.
Surface Home Button driver update (v2.0.1174.0)
- Along with the pen update below, this helps prevent scenarios where device may accidentally wake up from sleep while being stored or carried.
Surface Pen Settings driver update (v220.127.116.11)
- Along with the home button driver update above, this helps to prevent scenarios where the device may accidentally wake up from sleep while being stored or carried.
Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3066.135)
- Enables better throughput after waking from sleep and connecting to an 802.11AC network.
- Ensures Infra scan list is not empty while connected to a wireless display adapter.
- Resolves an issue connecting to Cisco 1242 access points.
- Ensures device reconnects properly to a hidden SSID using a 5Ghz DFS channel after waking from sleep.
- Adds customer-requested functionality to prefer 5Ghz connections when both a 2.4ghz and 5ghz connection are present with the same SSID.