Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide.
If you’re running the Anniversary Update (version 1607) or Creators Update (version 1703), Microsoft will send you a reminder that the feature update is ready to install. If you’re running an even older version of Windows 10, you’ll need to install the Fall Creators Update using Update Assistant on Microsoft’s Software Download site.
The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
Please note the following information regarding the security updates:
- Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
- Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
- In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
- After May 9, 2017, customers running Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates, with the exception of the Windows 10 2015 LTSB and the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB editions. Microsoft recommends that customers with devices running other editions of Windows 10 version 1507 that are no longer supported update these devices to the latest version of Windows 10. For more information see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 4015562.
Known Issues 4056890 4056891 4056892 4056893 4056888 4056895 4056898 4056894 4056897 4056896 4056899
Microsoft will provide UEFI updates for the following devices:
- Surface Pro 3
- Surface Pro 4
- Surface Book
- Surface Studio
- Surface Pro Model 1796
- Surface Laptop
- Surface Pro with LTE Advanced
- Surface Book 2
The updates will be available for the above devices running Windows 10 Creators Update (OS version 15063) and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (OS version 16299). You will be able to receive these updates through Windows Update or by visiting the Microsoft Download Center.
Surface Guidance for Customers and Partners: Protect your devices against the recent chip-related security vulnerability
Open Paint in Windows 10 Insider Preview#17063. You will notice a blue colored product alert icon on the top. Click on it get the following message:
Earlier Microsoft said that Paint will be removed at some point but would be available from Windows Store (now Microsoft Store)
On December 17th,2017, I documented video playback problem of AltBalaji app on my iPad Pro in my blog. You can read it here.
I sent my feedback with screenshots to the Balaji Support Team. They responded very quickly and fixed the video playback problem by updating the app. My problematic version for iOS was 1.5.7. Now this problem has been fixed in version 1.5.8.
To launch Timeline feature, click Task view icon present in Task bar of Preview Build 17063. This will launch the Time Line bar. Now you can drag the scale to the desired date and can view what you did on that very day. There is a Search and Feedback option also.
Microsoft released Windows 10 for PCs Insider Preview build 17063.
In this build Microsoft has introduced Timeline,with Timeline, you can get right back to where you left off.
Timeline introduces a new way to resume past activities you started on this PC, other devices. It enhances Task View, allowing you to switch between currently running apps and past activities.